>It's slow, like Nasa reaching Mars, but it runs well. I ended up
>installing with no extra apps and no options, just the needed files I
>couldn't uncheck. Worked like a charm. Even got it to 10.2.8. Now to find
>an old copy of iLife that "may" run on this.

10.3.9 works OK on several of my WSs, including a WS I/292 MHz/83 MHz and
a WS II/266 MHz/66 MHz.

Moved to a Lombard with good results.

Got a fantastic deal on a Pismo/400 and upgraded it to a 500, also with
good results.

The Pismo will rip DVDs apart and then burn "clear text" (i.e., no
Macrovision) duplicates at high speed as to reading, and at high speed as
to writing provided the writer is Firewire, and at 4X as to writing if
the writer is internal.

I did install a CD/DVD writer in an MCE optical bay on the WS (I and II),
but I wasn't satisfied with the DVD playing, so I didn't evaluate the DVD
writing, so this application has necessarily been limited to CD writing,
which is fine.

I strongly suggest at least 10.3.9 and 384 MB for a WS, with dual boot
capability.

I've completely weaned myself from OS 9 on the Lombard and the Pismo.

Oh, 40 GB drives on the WSs; 60 GB drives on the Lombard and Pismo.