I just bought an Airport card for my son's tangerine
iBook. When I try to run the Airport software it say
that an Airport card is not installed.

I know the Airport card is good because I swapped it
out with the one in our graphite iBook and the new
card works fine. I'm using it to post this message.
Trying the old card from the graphite iBook into the
tangerine one gives the same "Airport card not
installed" message.

I tried zapping the PRAM to see if that helped; it
didn't. I also tried reinstalling the card; that
didn't help either.

Am I looking at a bad MB here, or something else?

Both iBooks are running MacOS 9.2.2 and Airport
software 2.0.2.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Regards,

Bob Eye