On 04/10/05 11:55, "Howard Katz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/4/05, P. Turtle-Bear Guillermo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I'd suggest using Apple's Disk Utility to "Restore" your PB disk onto
>> the external hard disk. The Restore command will essentially duplicate
>> the contents of your PB HD onto the external. You may first want to
>> reformat the external HD with Disk Utility (I don't remember whether
>> this is a necessary step, but it won't hurt!).
>>
>> Turtle-Bear
>

> Thanks--I'll give that a shot too--as well as try some of the other
> programs suggested here.  Just a matter now of finding some free time
> to sit down and actually work with all this.  :)

Howard,

You don't have to install the system from the CD onto your external drive to
make it bootable and I doubt that this would do the trick.

I use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my startup partition onto an external FW
drive. Just make sure you turn the "Make bootable" setting in the main
preferences and it should work. If it doesn't, then I'm afraid you won't be
able for some reason to boot from that drive, no matter whether you install
the system from the installation disk or make a clone copy from another
startup disk...

-Laurent.