Jared:

To keep casual piracy at a minimum, Apple creates its restore/install CD/DVD sets so that they work only with the specific model they shipped with. The installer runs a utility to insure that the computer is the proper model before the installation is started. IOW, you couldn't use my PowerBook restore DVD on your iBook.

Since you have an iBook G4 and the restore set you bought is also for a G4 iBook, at first blush it would seem you will be able to use the CDs. However, if the G4 model you have and the G4 model the disks were made for are different the disks may not work. For example, a few weeks ago I took my restore DVD to a friend's how because his restore DVD was scratched and not working. The only difference between his PowerBook and mine was that mine was speedbumped. The DVD wouldn't work.

david