on 06/10/05 00:18, Jack Countryman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've got a Wallstreet 266 here that has lost its video on the lcd screen.
> However, it has video on crt monitors hooked to its external monitor port.
> I'm puzzled as to how that could be.  Does anyone have ideas on where the
> video circuitry for the lcd and external ports are located on the board?  Or
> what else might do this?  Thanks in advance.

That could be the ribbon cable that goes from the video circuitry on the
motherboard to the LCD screen. That wouldn't be the first time that I hear
one of those failing.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

interrupt: 1. [techspeak] n. On a computer, an event that interrupts normal
processing and temporarily diverts flow-of-control through an "interrupt
handler" routine. See also trap. 2. interj. A request for attention from a
hacker. Often explicitly spoken. "Interrupt -- have you seen Joe recently?"
See priority interrupt. 3. Under MS-DOS, nearly synonymous with `system
call', because the OS and BIOS routines are both called using the INT
instruction (see interrupt list) and because programmers so often have to
bypass the OS (going directly to a BIOS interrupt) to get reasonable
performance.