On Oct 6, 2005, at 8:30 PM, G-Books wrote:

Hello all
A musician friend has a bunch of MP3s on his web site.
If I had an FTP client I could download whole directories at once
instead of saving each song one at a time.
Any recommendations for an FTP client for OS 10.3.9?

Thanks

Andrew in Ann Arbor

I use Fetch and Fugu. Fugu is free but does not do regular FTP, only secure FTP (SFTP) and secure copy and such. Fetch is shareware but free for educational use. The newest version can do both FTP and SFTP (older versions can do only regular FTP).

Both have a nice drag and drop interface and have worked well for me.

Of course, there is also a client (actually, two!) already installed on your mac: the Finder and the Terminal.

The Finder, in my experience, can be a little bit shaky but is in principle the most logical thing to use. Just click Go->Connect to Server and enter the server url. It should be of the form ftp:// something.com If all goes well, you'll have a volume on your desktop just like any other and you can just drag the folders you want to your mac (but, afaik, not the other way around, as the ftp volume mounts as read only).

Luis Sequeira