on 10/10/05 12:19 PM, R. P. Bell at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Where are you, Kristina?

chicagoland

> Did the tech tell you that a hardware failure occurred?

No ...only...that the DVD CDR was bad...i knew that...and some g-book member
reavok sold me a new one Sept 14 but he hasn't sent it yet...sigh!

also the battery was at about 3/4 power-full...and should think about
replacing it...

> If so, what failed?

Well I think nothing actually...

> And,  did you request that he add "gobs of shareware and do dads"

not exactly, I actually think he thought he was doing me a favor with
"goodies"

> (I ask that, because that may be part of your problem, esp. running OS 9.2.x).
>
> We can probably resolve your issues at no cost

just in my budget

> and if you are local, I'll be  happy to see what's up.

wish you were

> Have you tried a clean install of OS 9.1 (your Lombard is not "equipped" to
> run 9.2.x and I opine that you are ~probably~ better off to go back to 9.1).

originally this machine came to me from ebay...with  OS X on it. All my
graphic design software is older so I am happy to stay in 9x.

I did a disk wipe and clean install then...replaced the HD and still
not  a viable machine. The tech friend thought it was software related and
reworked things and saved my data.

Only now  I can't just boot it up work on it and have a happy mac face...

Now it doesn't open at all...tho the pb did open all the way to my usual
desktop this afternoon all 3 partitions showing and my files

then...i went to the partition which had DiskWarrior and did a restart and
the dumb thing wont open again. Can't tell you why that particular force
start worked and the restart didn't , nor any of the subsequent force starts
only bring a chime and grey screen...

Kristina