On Oct 19, 2005, at 11:20 AM, R. P. Bell wrote:

Wow, Victoria, that IS a head-scratcher. Am I understanding you correctly, to say that the B&W "sees" the Lombard, and the Lombard "sees" the B&W, but they
just won't connect?

I don't know whether they "see" each other or not: they certainly don't seem to do so in OS 9, because the other computer doesn't even show up in the Chooser. In 10.3 the relevant name does appear in the Connect box, but that's probably just because once upon a time they knew each other very well -- the dialog box reads the same whether or not the cable is connected, so I think it's just a wistful memory.

Best,
Victoria