on 22/10/05 10:18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 10/22/2005 9:57:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
>> I have an original Blueberry iBook that has the same problem. I fixed it
>> temporarily (problem has recurred) by taking the thing apart down to the
>> logic board, removing the "DC-In" board and resoldering the power plug
>> to the circuit board. The problem with these machines is that the power
>> adapter plug sticks out when plugged into the computer and is easily
>> bumped. Over time these bumps can break the power plug on the DC-In
>> board loose from its mounts. Not too good of a design, but...
>
> Well that explains that. Now I only need to find out how to take apart my
> ibook. I have exerience with G3 Powerbooks lombard, pismo and wallstreet, but
> not
> ibooks. Any offlist help would be appreciated.

Check PowerBook Fixit Guides <http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/>. They have
step-by-step instructions with pictures to take most Macintosh apart.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NSA line eater: n. The National Security Agency trawling program sometimes
assumed to be reading the net for the U.S. Government's spooks. Most hackers
used to think it was mythical but believed in acting as though existed just
in case. since the mid-1990s it has gradually become known that the NSA
actually does this, quite illegaly, through its Echelon program.
The standard countermeasure is to put loaded phrases like `KGB', `Uzi',
`nuclear materials', `Palestine', `cocaine', and `assassination' in their
sig blocks in a (probably futile) attempt to confuse and overload the
creature. The GNU version of EMACS actually has a command that randomly
inserts a bunch of insidious anarcho-verbiage into your edited text.