My Reply follows quote. On 24/10/2005 15:43 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>What's thought to be the best plan to firm or fix the
>hinges on a G3? I know this has been a huge issue for G3
>users; the amount of material on the web made it hard to
>pick the right path.
------
In my case, with a Wallstreet 14" with weak hinges, I am
just careful to not lean the screen back too far, and if
I do, too make sure I have  "prop" behind it.

Or, you could spring for some "stainless steel" hinges
and have them installed (too many $$ for my taste). You
could also browse ebay and get a "new" set and install
them yourself. Not so many $$, but who knows what you
are getting!

The machine is not worth enough to me to merit spending
big $$ on it.

Ken