At 10:32 AM -0700 10/28/05, Bruce Johnson wrote:
On Oct 28, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Susie wrote:

Hi Listers,

I have a PB G3/400 running OS X 10.4.2 (used 99% of the time) and a B&W G3/400 running OS X 10.3.9. I would like to move some things off the B&W and onto the PB among other things. I wrote my file sharing names and passwords down on an index card which I keep handy but when I try to log in as a "Registered User" on either machine, it tells me I have the name and/or password incorrect. So I end up having to log in as "Guest". Is there some way to reset this information? Would this be the same as resetting the Administrator password using the install CD or is it hidden somewhere else? I can't figure out what happened. Probably something simple but ...? Any help would be greatly appreciated. No one but me uses either machine. TIA for any suggestions. If it helps, this seems to have started when I upgraded the PB to 10.4. I put the same password on both machines that I've had since 10.0.

Try using the short names instead of the long names.

Tried that with same result.