On Oct 30, 2005, at 10:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm contemplating trading up from a Lombard to a Pismo and would like
to know if I could swap the RAM from my Lombard into a Pismo.

Lombard to Pismo is OK as long as the SODIMM RAM is PC100 or better.

Pismo to Lombard is often not OK as the same problems with the RAM
controller in the Wallstreets are present in the Lombard.

Wallstreet and Lombard are VERY selective about which 256 MB sticks they will accept, and most will only be read as half capacity (i.e., 128 MB).
Especially true of the later, faster "low profile" 256 MB SODIMMs.

Pismo will accept just about any generic SODIMM, even 512 MB sticks, up
to a max of 1 GB.

Yea have a gig of RAM in my Pismo for over two years now. . . one is PC 100/512 and the other is PC 133/512. . .no problems at all.