On Nov 13, 2005, at 9:30 PM, G-Books wrote:

I wasn't thinking of a project but for that price maybe I should be
looking at a processor upgrade.
Any thoughts?
I don't do much CPU intensive stuff so I'm not sure I want something
that runs hotter (I hate the fan noise) and shortens the battery life.

I might be better off with a stock 500 MHz CPU.....

You'd still need an original Pismo processor for the upgrade, though. The upgrade companies modify the original processor, unlike the Powermac CPU upgrades, where they give you a whole new processor.

If you go for a G4, both Fastmac and Daystar are good.

Chris

P.S. Actually, Daystar will also sell the whole G4 processor. You get a G4/550 for $399, which is VERY expensive. The upgrade to your existing processor costs $289. Before spending $399 on the whole processor, though, plus RAM and HD and optical drive (1GB RAM + 40-80GB HD + Combo or Superdrive = $300-400), I'd consider a used Titanium, which you can find for considerably less than the upgraded Pismo would cost you.