You'd have a lot better luck if you installed the CUPS printing system, lots of drivers available. And if it's not there, you can get it from one of the linux sites. Practically every printer ever made is listed. To check to see if it's already installed, open your web browser and type localhost:631 and you should get a locally served website devoted to your printers. If it's not, you can add it from your OS X install disk.

Tim