Recently my G4 Titanium powerbook had a red screen on startup. This is not a Pismo but maybe a starting point for you.

I was told by Apple technician a red screen could be due to a number of things but when isolated to the monitor it was diagnosed as failing lights in the display unit. The display unit had to be replaced and the screen is fine now.

Maria Brandl
Australia

kaldav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would appreciate advice re a Pismo screen. When starting up, the
screen is a deep red color, then as it warms up, the color becomes
normal. I understand this is a symptom of a failing screen.
However, the screen itself has no keyboard marks or dead pixels, so I
was wondering if I should try to replace the whole screen OR buy a
part for a repair.
If the advice is to repair it, exactly what part do I need to buy to
fix this problem? From whom and at what cost? Also, what level of
difficulty is involved in the repair? (I can take apart a powerbook
3400 screen)
Thanks.