Well, it does actually see the RAM because it boots to OS X, but here's the weird thing. Everything is fine and I see the apple and the spinning lines, then the screen goes really dark, like the backlight shuts off.

That may not have anything to do with your RAM problem. 10.2.8 does that to many WS -- you need to press the brightness button below the display once startup has reached the desktop.

If the RAM is in the bottom slot it does login fine. I have tried resetting the pram. I have tried a DIMM I know is working on the top slot. I was able to boot, but it only sees the memory in the bottom slot, well, it says it has 128MB's. I have 10.2.8 and system profiler doesn't show the RAM slots.

ASP will only show working SO-DIMMs -- if you have two good modules installed it will show them both. If you switch SO-DIMMs back and forth between the top and bottom slots and it only shows the bottom module, I'd say you probably need a new CPU module. That would be a good excuse to go for Daystar's $169 G4/466 upgrade: https://4daystar.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=512 ...;^D

Gene Osburn
I can't brag about the shape I'm in - I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin; but don't ask me what I think of you - I might not give the answers that you want me to. Oh well....