Amber,
I think they are two unrelated problems.
The missing t scenario happened to me a couple of weeks ago with Live Help. The tech said to use all caps almost immediately, like he was used to this thing happening.
I do not have the problem with Safari passwords that you describe.
Concetta

Hi Caleb,
It's strange because all of this started happening about a week ago
and has been getting progressively worse since.   I have emptied the
cache and reset Safari.  I  called my ISP and they told me that they
felt it was a  problem involving entering secure sites.  I can't find
any new Java updates.

The other strange thing is that when I use eBay live help,  I cannot
type in lower case as the "t" key will not show up at all.   I can
only type in all caps to alleviate this problem.   However, the eBay
guy told me this is not uncommon with Mac users.
Thanks for your suggestions !
Amber