Of course, crud can only get in your keyboard (say that fast 5 times)
if it has access.  Why not get a "keyboard condom" for your 'book?
I've used one on mine form months and it does a good job of keeping it
clean--fits well, and helps protect the screen from impress problems.
There's several on eBay right now for a decent price.  (I got mine a
bit cheaper, but I can't find a current listing for it. This one's not
bad tho.)

Do a search for either  Ice 12" 15" & 17" Powerbook G4 XPB Keyboard
Protector or  Item number: 5837041131 for one example.

Later...................Howard