Garry,

The looseness you feel on the LCD display is in fact a
bad hinge.  If you are lucky, it may just be starting
to loosen.  If this is the case, simply taking the
machine apart and tightening the hinge will fix the
problem.  If you are unlucky like I was the damage
will already be done and the hinge will be physically
broken...  Of course, at that point, there is little
you can do but replace the hinge.  The hinges, if I
remember correctly, span the height of teh display, so
you need to get not only the right hinge for your
display size, but also know if it's right or left...
they are different.

I believe I finally scored a hinge for mine from ebay
- good guy, but I can't remember his name it's been so
long.  I think I just went ahead and replaced both
hinges in lieu of anyhting happening to the other side
as long as I had it open.  If I recall...  they
weren't easy to find and weren't cheap either.  I
think I paid somewhere around $50-$80 for both
hinges...

I do recommend replacing the hinge and not just
letting it stay loose because you want to save the
$$$$.  A loose hinge can easily pinch and short a
display cable and cause you much more of a problem
than you currently have.

Sionnach