Hmmmph!   How timely.

First off, let me say that I am having the same
problem with my G4 iBook, which, of course, Apple
refuses to admit there is a problem with so they won't
extend the warranty on those boards...

But more on to your subject;  my neighbor has a 12" G3
iBook which had it's first logic board die about 6
months ago.  It was replaced when she took it to an
Apple store and they shipped it out for repair.  It
came back with a cracked case plastic just above the
trackpad and another cracked plastic around the LCD.
I told her to complain...  she didn't.  Two weeks ago,
it died again.  She took it in and it just came back
tonight...

I took it apart to add a 512MB Ram module for her and
found a broken piece of case plastic floating around
under the keyboard...  nice.  Then I noticed that the
Num Lock LCD on the keyboard was mashed over under the
num lock key... also nice.  I fixed the keyboard and
removed the case plastic piece.  After firing the
machine up for about 30 seconds, it immediately began
exhibiting the symptoms of a bad logic board again...
the more we rebooted and the longer it ran, the worse
it got.

I think it's completely disgusting.  There is no way
they could have tested that machine for any length of
time after they replaced the logic board.  If this
problem is still persisting even after they've
admitted a problem, why have they not fixed the
problem on the boards that are out there so it doesn't
continue?

I could rant on and on about this.  The past few
years, Apple hardware has gone right down the tubes.
I still have a COlor Classic, SE30, PB3400, PowerMac
7300, and Wallstreet which are all running flawlessly
with never any problems.  I can't seem to keep new
iBooks running for longer than 6 months to a year
though... G3 or G4.

I like the machine, and I will keep using it, but I
back up VERY frequently and trust it about as far as I
can throw it.

Apple has left a very bad taste in my mouth.