First why the 8gb partition?? The pismo does not need it! Just install the os over the 9.2 on the second partition and then use the first 8 gb for extra storage, or just start again and format the full drive in one.

Second i would try with just one of the ram chips in because tiger (in my opinion ) is alot more fussy about the type and speed of the ram that you use Than panther was. To get trouble free use i had to upgrade with a pair of crucial 512mb chips in my pismo, and just to be on the safe side i used the same ram when i upgraded the book to a G4 Ti cost me a fortune but it is worth it just for the trouble free use.

vicki