At 9:23 PM -0600 12/16/05, James Sanderson wrote:
Hi,

I just tried to install additional memory into a Pismo I just got. It was working fine before I tried to add memory to the machine. When I tried to start up after putting the memory in the slots, I got a beep. I tried again and got the same thing. Figuring the problem was the new memory, I replaced the original memory and started up again. I got the chime, but now the computer cannot find a start-up volume. Tried resetting the PRAM a few times without luck. Started up and went to openfirmware, reset the nvram successfully as the machine restarted. But it still can't find a start-up volume. Decided to try to start-up from the Tiger DVD, still no luck. Any suggestions?

Check both ends of the hard drive cable, it's possible it got nudged. Try disconnecting each end and reconnecting it just to be sure.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA