Hello
Has anyone had any trouble with the superdrive not writing to DVD-r discs.
If I write more than 3.6 gig to the disc it will fail.
If it does write it is very slow half an hour. The discs I am using are 8x Verbatim. I can use the discs in my Pismo ( a dual layer DVD writer in it ) and they do not fail and also in an external DVD writer.
The 12inch PB works fine with an external DVD writer.
The PB is only 2 months old, it has had the drive replaced once by the dealer and it is still doing the same thing.

This is the drive MATSHITA DVD-R   UJ-835E:

  Firmware Revision:    GAN7
  Interconnect:    ATAPI
  Burn Support:    Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
  Cache:    2048 KB
  Reads DVD:    Yes
  CD-Write:    -R, -RW
  DVD-Write:    -R, -RW, +R, +RW
  Burn Underrun Protection CD:    Yes
  Burn Underrun Protection DVD:    Yes
  Write Strategies:    CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
  Media:    No

This is the errors sense key = illegal request sense code = 0x21, 0x02 buffer underrun

The drive reported an error; Sense key = Illegal Request Sense code = 0x30, 0x05 cannot write medium - incompatible format.

Sense key = Illegal Request   Sense Code = 0x24 Invalid field in CDB

Cannot erase DVDRW

Thanks MJT