I believe there's an internet connect wizard for 9, but it's been a while since I've actually used OS 9 for anything except watching DVDs on my Lombard. In fact, I remember, because I was browsing in 9 on my dialup connection, not too long ago. (I was running the battery reset utility and didn't want to fool with booting back in to OS X. The directory in 9.2 is "HD/Applications/Utilities/Assistants"

Hopefully, you can decode my somewhat weird way of using a Unix-type method to describe the directory structure... I'm having to look this up on my 9 partition...

Hope this helps,
Caleb