Greetings
I bought a refurb 17 inch PowerBook Big AL from Apple and was going to max out the ram. The sales guy at Apple said the PB was from 3the newest release, well somewhere there was an error. So it is the model previous to the newest generation of the AL 17" PowerBook

A ram salesman, with a well known company and the place I buy all my ram said; that the DDR 2 ram used on the newer models is like 30% faster then the ram on the previous model of the AL 17" PowerBook.

It seems a little bit of a leap, but 30% and the 13% that is built into the latest generation would add up to a better machine and worth giving the $400 savings up in the refurb price and just get new one.

So the New AL  PB 17 takes DDR 2 533- 4200 PC 2-4200     I

The previous generation of AL 17" Powerbooks just until a few months ago took DDR PC 333

So is the DDR2 really 20 to 30% faster DDR PC3 333

TIA
Geoffrey