Replace the drive? I had similar problems on my Pismo. I replaced the drive and have had no problems since.

Jim Sanderson
On 30 Dec 2005, at 00:16, Caleb Cupples wrote:

IMHO, if you're going to watch anything on a Pismo or Lombard, boot into OS 9. It saves a whole lot of hassle, plus on the Lombard, it's the only way to go. I know this is slightly off the thread topic, but it's somewhat related, but I've been having troubles with discs refusing to mount on my Lombard. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Today, it really annoyed me, because I had a brand-new CD that I was trying to get to load on the ol' Lombard and it refused. It was an "enhanced" CD, but it still clearly said on the labeling that it would work on OS 8 or 9 with QuickTime 4 or above. The Lombard refuses to mount it in OS X, and I don't want to go to OS 9, because I don't have any mp3 encoding software for 9. In the end, I gave up and used iTunes on my Windoze machine, but I'm really irritated at things for not working on the Lombard.

Any suggestions?

Caleb