> ever made for this machine?   Second, can the lower
> RAM chip be replace, if so how is this done?
Hi,

yes, the lower RAM card can be replaced. You have to remove the processor
board.

Before you begin, remove
the following:
€ AC adapter
€ Expansion bay modules
€ Keyboard
€ Heat sink
€ Hard drive
1 Position a nylon tool under the center of the right side of the board and
lift up to release it.
2 Pull the microprocessor board to the right.
Replacement Note:
Align the tabs on the left side of the board with the slots on the top case
stiffener, then press down firmly on the right side of the board to seat the
connector.
Replacement Caution:
The microprocessor board can be partially inserted and the computer will
still function. However, over time, heat will cause the microprocessor board
to lose contact and can cause the system to have intermittent problems such
as no booting.
Therefore, check proper installation by pressing on the microprocessor board
connector a second time to make sure the board is fully seated.

Udo