At 2:23 AM -0800 01/05/2006, Barry Muller wrote:
Last summer I purchased a "new" battery for my Pismo
and within the last few weeks occassionally (though
with increasing frequency)  it has gone from full
charge to zero very quickly (w\in 15 minutes or so).

While it's possible that the battery has failed, it's about as likely that the power supply board has a problem.

Is this a symptom of PRAM going bad?

Not the PRAM itself. But some of the symptoms could be caused by a dying PRAM battery.

- Dan.