At 3:32 PM +0000 01/05/2006, Stuart Hart wrote:

Can anybody tell me how to test the internal modem?

In the Remote Access control panel, turn on verbose logging. That way you can view the transaction between the PPP module running the modem script and the modem's responses.

If you see from the log that the script is totally unable to get a response from the modem, then it might be fried. Try reseating it; sometimes that fixes.

You can also try using an old fashioned glass terminal / serial telecom application to talk to the modem directly (issue various AT commands).

- Dan.