On 1/8/06 4:31 PM, "Andrew in Ann Arbor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello All
> I'm shifting from a Lombard to a Pismo and want to be able to connect
> to SCSI devices, specifically older powerbooks (520, 1400, Wallstreet)
> using the SCSI dock connector.

Back when the iMac and blue G3 PowerMac came out I had several clients who
insisted on trying various adapters for SCSI and serial devices. The only
device I ever saw that seemed to be worth a darn was the iDock and that
could have been little more than a serendipitous mixture of peripherals. (OS
8 and 9 only)

By the time OS X came out and my clients began switching to it most had
already bought new FireWire and USB peripherals. I had only one hold out and
as far as I can remember, when he wanted to use his scanner or plotter he
booted into OS 9.

david