My best guess is that this is a software/firmware problem with the Clie, not the PB. I had a similar recurring problem in the past with a Kyocera smart phone using a cable (it did not have Bluetooth). Can you hot sync using the cable or cradle? If so, do that, and as an experiment, soft reset the Clie and try the Bluetooth hot sync again.

If your experience is anything like mine, the novelty of using Bluetooth to hot sync may wear off very soon. I now have a Treo 650 and a 15" AlBook G4, 1.25 GHz. It takes me a minute or so to hot sync with the cable, and almost ten minutes via Bluetooth. This may be because of the number of applications and files I have (including Documents to Go with many files, as well as Acrobat Reader with several files).

So I hardly ever use Bluetooth to sync any more. It is nice to have it available in case I need to and I don't have a cable handy, though.

Regards,

Harry Corsover
---