For some reason I can no longer get info on how long my battery has
left in hours and minutes.

I can get the info in percentage, but if I ask for it to be shown as
time left, it says "calculating..." or is just a blank, depending on
which program I use to measure it. I have "show battery status in the
menu bar" checked in the Energy Saver Systems Preference. I also use
SlimBatteryMonitor. Both show the same percentage, but no longer the
time.

As best I remember this was working up till just a week or so ago.

I have a 400MHz Pismo, 40G, 768MB. I recently upgraded to Tiger and
then 10.4.3. Could have been the same time. Battery is fairly new. I
was getting about 4 hours or so last I remember seeing the time. Is
this a Tiger issue?

I tried running just on battery till it went to sleep (about 1-2 %),
then charging to full. Did this twice, still no joy so I tried "reset-
nvram, reset-all". Still nothing but %.

I've got the same problem with a 500 MHz Pismo running a clean install of Tiger with 512 Mb RAM. It's a new aftermarket battery so I haven't worried about it but it would be nice to have.
I did try running it down till it shut off but that made no difference.
Seems like if my 520 could figure out time remaining the Pismo should be able to manage it.

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?