on 16/01/06 13:04, Frank P. Eigler at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> iWeb itself is a pretty cool little application.   I was able to set
>> up a basic website with all kinds of hyperlinks, photos etc in less
>> than 10 minutes.  Very intuitive !  It does not look like a custom
>> job but is great for those just wanting to set up blogs,  photos of
>> the kids for the grandparents etc etc.
> [snip]
>
> Are you using .Mac?
> Just curious if it can be used 'in lieu of' of other webpage creation apps
> without .Mac.

Yes, you can publish to a folder which could be on a web server that you are
running or a web server which you access through AppleShare or a local
folder that is a copy of a folder on some remote web server. In the latter
case, you can ftp the content of the folder to the web server.

So, there is no need to have a .Mac account to use iWeb.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

KIBO: /ki:'boh/ 1. [acronym] Knowledge In, Bullshit Out. A summary of what
happens whenever valid data is passed through an organization (or person)
that deliberately or accidentally disregards or ignores its significance.
Consider, for example, what an advertising campaign can do with a product's
actual specifications. Compare GIGO; see also SNAFU principle. 2. James
Parry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, a Usenetter infamous for various surrealist
net.pranks and an uncanny, machine-assisted knack for joining any thread in
which his nom de guerre is mentioned. He has a website at
`http://www.kibo.com/'.