A/some capacitor/s on the logic board have failed somewhere, you could locate which one by buying a can of electronic service aid freeze spray (ebay), then spraying one at a time with the Kanga opened up wide ( ie dismembered but connected!), if you find the bad one you then have to replace it, no mean feat.

PMu you have tried so its the logic somewhere.

Good luck!

Mark

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:04:32 -0600
Subject: Kanga weirdness
From: Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So I've got this PB G3 original (3400 style AKA Kanga) that I've been trying to bring back from the near dead. It's got the "hiss of death" I suppose you could call it. I've replaced the PRAM and the PMU, but plugging it in gives nothing more than a hissing through the speakers. Every so often (1 in 100 times if I'm lucky) resetting it will get a chime, but nothing else. I haven't heard a chime in ages. Until today. Somewhere in my googling I
vaguely remembered reading that coldness helps circuits reconnect (or
something - you can see I really retained a lot about it), anyway I decided what the h*** and I put the whole computer (sans battery) in my freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Lo and behold upon the first resetting it chimed and brought me to a screen with a flashing floppy (the drive is wiped clean). I could hardly believe it. Unfortunately the flashing floppy eventually froze (computer style, not ice) and it would go no further. However, once again upon freezing the unit (ice style, not computer) it started up again (I had
a cd in the drive this time ready to install an OS) but it soon froze up
(computer style). I can repeat this over and over and over, but it only gets going for a minute or so until it gets too hot (I'm guessing) and stops. So it's not dead yet. But what's next? Any ideas on where I should look for
bad circuits based on this limited info?  Thanks all.