At 8:02 PM -0600 2/1/06, Mark wrote:
Thanks for the info so far.  The G4 is running OS 10.4.4 and it (the card)
does show up in system profiler. I have no intention of running it in X I
just wondered if it would show up at all anywhere.  My PB 2400 is running OS
9.0 and no, the system profiler there doesn't show it.  I do have Airport
installed  (1.3.1 I think).  I just tried it in a PB 3500 Kanga (OS9.1) and
I've got lights there so I guess it does work. I just can't figure out how
to get it to show up on the 2400 in OS 9.  I've installed Orinoco
v 7.something.  Maybe I need an earlier version for 9.  I'll have to keep at
it.

What about other PC Cards on the 2400? How was it's system installed? Did it come from another machine or was it installed from CD-ROM onto the 2400? You shouldn't need other software than OS 9 and Airport to see it. The fact that it doesn't appear in System Profiler implies only on the 2400 implies a problem with PC Card support on the 2400. I forget the exact name but there should be an extension called something like "PC Card Support".

On 2/1/06 3:52 PM, "Clark Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > At 9:52 AM -0600 2/1/06, Mark wrote:
Is there a way to tell if my Lucent Tech Orinoco Silver card is good or not?

 Yes, the lights are power and activity.  Power won't go on until you
 activate the card.

 What OS is on the PB G4.  If it's OS X it won't see the card unless
 you installed one of the third party drivers.  The stock Airport
 driver won't see it.  If it's OS 9 then, yes the Airport driver
 should see it.  Do other PC Cards work in the PB 2400c.  It's
 possible it doesn't have the PC Card software installed.  Does the
 2400's System Profiler see the card?

 To power on the card you need to manually  turn it on using the

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA