From: Der Mickster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: WallStreet DVD-ROM issue, perchance?

Also - if my display can't keep vertical and needs something heavy to
lean against, does it mean my hinges are pushing up the daisies? I've
seen an excellent HOWTO that covered the issue extensively, but I am
somewhat squeamish about attempting it myself. RAM, HDD, whatever, but
the display . . . scary. Or is it some other problem that can be more
easily soluble?

Try Powerbook Parts for new replacement steel hinges. They will also replace them for you, if you don't want to try it yourself.

http://www.pbparts.com/shop/wssr.html

I have no personal experience with them, but their name comes up whenever someone needs new hinges.

Jackie