on 02/02/06 23:33, Michael A. Howard at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Peter Apockotos wrote:
>> No I remember those days and I am only thirty.  Now gopher was a pain.
>>
> Archie and Gopher - great tools in their day but thankfully those days
> are long gone. I almost remember setting up uucp to get my first emails
> (excluding bbs mail of course)

For those that are a little nostalgic of these old times, I just found out
an unbelievable fun to use application for OS X. It's called GLTerminal.
GLTerminal emulates a 1970¹s terminal monitor, complete with flaws in
brightness, warped display curvature, and flicker. It even simulates baud
rate lag. And! for extra verisimilitude, the character colors can be green
or amber. It is incredibly well done!

You can download it here:
<http://ldopa.net/2006/01/14/glterminal/>

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

mandelbug: /man'del-buhg/ n. [from the Mandelbrot set] A bug whose
underlying causes are so complex and obscure as to make its behavior appear
chaotic or even non-deterministic. This term implies that the speaker thinks
it is a Bohr bug, rather than a heisenbug. See also schroedinbug.