> I just tried it in a PB 3500 Kanga (OS9.1) and
> I've got lights there so I guess it does work. I just can't figure out how
> to get it to show up on the 2400 in OS 9.

Hello All.

I have been following this thread for a couple of days, and I am of the
opinion that you have not installed all of the Airport software, or some
thing that your installed is bad.

First off, go to this great site and read how to do a manual install of
Airport v1.3.1. Only v1.3.1 will work on the 2400.

http://www.alksoft.com/projects/unsupported_airport.html

Second, with the software installed, you should have an AirPort selection
in both the AppleTalk control panel, and the TCP/IP control panel. If you
don't, then something is wrong. Even if you have AppleTalk turned off, set
the control panel to the AirPort Card.

If your install is successful, then when the card is in, it should pop up
on desktop as AirPort PC Card.

Make sure that any network you are trying to connect to has encryption
turned off. Only use the encryption once you have the hardware working.

If at all possible, install a new OS on the laptop with the clean install
option. I have seen many problems solved by starting over with a clean
install.

One other item, I have had some PowerBooks just refuse to work with
wireless. The solution for them is the Farallon or Proxim version of the
Skyline card for Macintosh. I have never had a PowerBook that this software
would not work with. The only down side is that the card only supports
64bit WEP.

If you do get it working, please let me know what the final solution is.

I hope this info helps.

Ken Vann