On Feb 5, 2006, at 3:27 AM, kaldav wrote:

However, when I tried Safari, an ebay auction page was not saved with the images, the page did not have a correct title, and later double clicking on the page just opened the page on my desktop but there was no web url at the top- just a link on my Desktop so I could not connect again to this page.

Have you tried FireFox? Has options for save as web archive, html only, and save as web page, complete.

Due to ebay page naming, the file you r get is named .dll not .html, but a quick rename to .html and you have something that opens fine in either Safari or other web browsers.

Safari just doesn't cut it for almost any serious web viewing, unfortunately. IMO.

Brian