In a message dated 2/5/06 8:05:49 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< > >     And, as far as relevant questions: What can

> anyone tell me about

> > Wegener

> > Media and the service they provide?

> They're a small shop in the Carolinas with

> remarkably offhand business

> practices.  You probably won't get ripped off when

> dealing with them,

> but it could take a while to complete a transaction.

>  I paid for a WS

> battery charger from them and didn't find out until

> ten days later

> (after I emailed them to ask for a status update)

> that they didn't have

> any in stock!  They promptly issued a refund, but

> still....

I got ripped off.

I had to send them my Lombard several times and it

took over a year to get it back. They still have my

512MB memory and won't return it. It seemed a

remarkably sloppy-run  business. I feel that they I

was cheated.

Don Pruitt

I was ripped off also.  A few years ago I bought a PB 3400 from them.  The
keyboard was very hard to type on so I called them and talked to a guy who
worked there.  He said that did not sound normal and I should sent it back to
them.
 I sent it to them but apparently did not do a good job of packing it because
the screen got cracked.  The owner called to tell me about that and said it
would cost $200.00 to fix the screen which is what I paid for it to begin with.
 He also said the problem with the keyboard was normal so it turned out there
was no need to send it to them to begin with.  I had paid for insurance on it
when I sent it to them but the post office said the company had to file the
claim.  Instead of getting the screen fixed I bought a Wallstreet for quite a
bit more money figuring I could recover part of the cost from the insurance
claim.  The Wallstreet came and worked fine, but although they promised several
times to file the insurance claim and to return the PB 3400 so I could use it
with a monitor attached they never did either.  Whenever I contacted them about
the situation they said they were sure they did process the claim and had
sent the powerbook back and would look into it and take care of it.  I tried to
deal with the post office myself later but by that time I had lost the receipt
for the insurance and could not get the number from the receipt on the package
from Wegener.  That is where things stand.  David Wegener used to belong to
the swap list and offered things for sale there which is where I first found
out about the company.  He was eventually kicked off the list for being abusive
to people who complained about his business practices, so I know I am not the
only one with problems with him.

Dave