Hi folks,

  I've been asked if I would replace the hinges on a 15" TiBook 800
MHz. From what I can see, Apple didn't ever intend the parts to be
disassembled that you have to take apart to do this, and it's a tricky job.

  So I'd like to know whether anyone here has done this, successfully
or otherwise; how many hours did it take you? if you broke something,
what did you break? and if anyone knows the replacement cost of parts
that might get broken doing this, that would be good to know as well
(particularly wondering how likely it is that the LCD gets trashed and
how much it would be to replace it if it did.)

Thanks!

Beverly