On 18-Feb-06, at 8:50 PM, Brian McEwen wrote:

On Feb 18, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Amber Robey wrote:

I had been told that Quicktime Pro 7 and the MPEG-2 Playback Add- on would allow me to transcode these files so that they will not stutter. I was hoping that somebody here had both and could test this for me with a small file before I go ahead and buy the two.

VLC wil play mpeg2. If it plays in the free VLC, then it will play in the expensive, double-quicktime purchase.

Hi Brian,

VLC will play them but that's about it. I need to be able to edit them in iMovie (recognizable by Quicktime) and so far, I haven't been able to find a way to do that with VLC...do you know how ?

Amber