At 7:52 AM -0500 2/14/06, Len Gerstel wrote:
On Feb 14, 2006, at 7:23 AM, Ken Rossman wrote:

I have several Macs from various generations.  For reasons I won't go into
here, I have one older one (circa 7300 series) which, of course, has the
mini-DIN keyboard/mouse connectors.  Everything else I have is USB now.

Is there an adapter out there somewhere that would let me connect the
earlier Mac into a USB kbd/mouse setup?  I haven't been able to find
anything out there so far, though perhaps I am doing the search wrong.

All you need is a usb pci card and Apple's USB card support 1.4.1 drivers for it.

Then you plug in the keyboard into the card. You will lose the ability to start the 7300 from the keyboard, but otherwise it will work fine.

Also download USB Overdrive <http://www.usboverdrive.com> and get a decent multibutton/scrollwheel USB optical mouse.

OS 9 + USB Overdrive + optical mouse is just delightful! No more dirty mouseball rollers!

USB Overdrive allows one to program the buttons and scrollwheel for each specific application. For example, under all my diverse MP3 applications, the scrollwheel controls the playback volume.

USB Overdrivc is THE "killer app" for USB pointing devices like mice and joysticks.
--
Chris Tucker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]