On Feb 26, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Lavode wrote:

Hi all,

I just had the weirdest thing happen. I launched iTunes on my Pismo running 10.3.9, and it opened just fine, and since it was recently updated, it put up the iTunes Personal Music Store information. Also, the status bar at the top said "downloading virus" and gave me a download progress bar. I was too afraid to let it continue, and hit the x to stop the download. It appeared to stop downloading.

Anyone else have this happen? What's going on? I haven't seen anything online about this.

Never seen nor heard of this.

Would you possibly have someone with Mac programming chops, and access to your Powerbook? It's easy to get in and change "Accessing Music Store" to "Downloading Virus..." as a practical joke.

All it takes is editing the /Applications/iTunes.app/Content/ Resources/English.lprog/Localizable.strings file in TextEdit.

Or perhaps you triggered some "not to be seen by the public" debugging code on the iTMS site. (Trust me programmers do worse...)

I doubt it was really a virus, they tend not to announce themselves in that fashion.

--
Bruce Johnson

"No matter where you go, there you are", B. Banzai