Philip wrote:

> So I guess we are more or less on the same mind. Also about the
> dangers of excessive confidence. One small step in the wrong
> direction can take you far from the destination even if thereafter
> you walk in a straight line. Scholarship is surely about retracing
> checking, changing tack, consulting the map. etc.

Philip,

I'd like to point to a disposition to put parts of modeling on hold whenever
they leave the mark as if they are forced incorporated into the model.
Example: Zealots did not criticize the yahad nor vice versa. For their
covenant structure is different, as well as their militancy, we have to
assume that both parties did not act time-shared. Consequence of such a
consideration is the end of the time slice given for the yahad by the dawn
of the Zealot Movement in 4 BCE - the decent rebuilding of Qumran might then
refer to new inhabitants there. And that could be the end of all 1st c. CE
hypotheses [NB John the Essaioi as a native of Essa would then be cogent].

_Dierk