Philip,
If the claim had appeared in a supermarket tabloid paper I would not have
noted it here. But it appeared in the usually-distinguished Times Literary
Supplement and is part of a series of attempts to claim, misleadingly, a
medieval date for the scrolls. Because I think some people who know better
might have interest in being informed and in writing editors to correct such
misinformation, to better inform the public on what research has determined, I
find I see this differently than you. But I leave it to other list members and
the moderator to help clarify what suits this list.

best,
Stephen Goranson