Howdy,
  I would suggest you contact their tech support.  That model should
support 512 MB sticks, but they have to be the right type.  I looked up
a G4 466Mhz (Digital Audio) and if it handles 512MB sticks, then yours
should. Describe what is happening to you and I think they will take
care of you.  They supported me a couple of years back when I got memory
that did not work.  They are not the cheapest, but one reason I liked
them was that they knew the Mac products and treated their customers
right.
Good luck,
Ralph