Thanks for the responses everyone. What concerned me was this document
from Apple:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/PMG5_OpticalDrive_DIY.pdf

In step 1 of "Installing the Replacement Optical Drive" on page 6,
Apple mentions that two separate kinds of standoffs; one for Pioneer
and Toshiba drives, and a different one for Sony drives. The document
also further states that one shouldn't mix and match the standoffs for
combo drives and Superdrives. It wouldn't be the first time an Apple
document has been wrong, but I'd like to play it safe.

Thanks,

Eric