I need to buy AppleCare for a MacBook Pro. I have found many places
selling low cost versions of AppleCare wihth only a digital code for
activation, no box, no Techtools DVD  This seems a bit questionable
for me - too good to be true,etc. etc.

However, are they any reputable low cost Applecare suppliers?  I have
seen some at LA computer.
 (
http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/index.cgi?command=dispitem&type=sku&sku=10126
)

I have also seen some on E-Bay that do include the box and Techtools.
  However some of thiese are WORLDWIDE Applecare and not just for USA.
 Is this legal and will it be accepted for USA registration by Apple?

Thanks - Marty