I'm going to replace the optical drive in my sister in laws iMac G4
1.25Ghz 17".  While I've got it taken apart I want to max out the RAM
and upgrade the hard drive.

The problem is the machine has two DIMM slots one under the base plate
and one on the mother board.  They each use different memory form
factors SO-DIMM and SDRAM.  The slots are numbered DIMM 0-J22 and DIMM
1-J20, But there is no information that I can find about which jack is
which (even Apples service source fails to list the jack numbers).  I
need this information to buy the correct memory prior to taking the
machine apart (which I only want to do once).  I'm sure that I have
missed something obvious.

Thanks for your help.